July 22, 2008

bears, gummied and other political essays

Today I ate about two pounds of gummy bear (that is, many teency gummy bears and one giant gummy bear), two meals at Chik-Fil-A, a handful of caramel treats and a single box of Nerds. Needless to say, I have a tummy ache.

Giant gummy bears aside, today work gave me the rare blessing of a (somewhat) funny story. Now, when I hear about people saying or doing outrageously stupid things I'm usually skeptical. Under the guise of playing Devil's Advocate (yes, like Homer Simpson) I'll usually say, "Oh, they probably just had a brain cramp!" Thus, I procure more information on how and why said stupid person did such a stupid thing. But today? Today I couldn't even do that.

The receptionist ordered two pizzas from Ledo's. When they arrived she called numerous people, inquiring about a most curious mystery: Who ordered two pizzas from Ledo's?

Long story short, she finally realized she ordered the pizzas! Thanks, Scoob!

But -- BUT!! Where did she store the leftovers? There was no room in the fridge and you don't want to leave it out in the kitchen, leaving it to be ravaged by hungry secretaries in post-lunch feeding frenzies. And plus you need it to stay hot. Hot. So naturally the best place to keep a pizza hit is?

Her car.

Yes, her car.

No child left behind, assholes.

No comments: