May 8, 2010

i will drown my television in a bathtub.

This is why I sometimes want to drown my television in a bathtub:

On today's Good Morning America (the Saturday edition), they did a segment on psychic hotlines and their credibility. The interviewer asked, "Is there any sort of government regulation in place?"

Really? REALLY?

Look. I'm all for government regulation where we need it but if the day comes where our tax money goes to regulate Miss Cleo and John Edwards, I will no longer consider myself to be American.

And stop wasting programming time on stupid shit. There's still that disaster in the Gulf and a bullshit immigration law in Arizona that need to be covered, among other things. Oh! And there are still two wars being fought - American lives being lost. Maybe you can give them some attention.

Television, meet water.

That said, I do think we need Uncle Sam to crack down on these phone sex hotlines, because I need to be assured that "Misti" is really a horny Swedish chick and not an elderly German gentleman.

No comments: