May 1, 2010

MY MIND? BOGGLED

Real quick: 
I used to root for the Oakland Raiders, now I root for the Redskins.
I used to root for the Pittsburgh Penguins, now I root for the Capitals.
I used to root for the Milwaukee Brewers, not I root for the Orioles.
I never really cared for basketball, so who gives a hoot about the Wizards.

So since I've converted to Blind Homerism (which has been an enjoyable endeavor, btw) this past year I've noticed how bass-ackwards Washington/Baltimore is when it comes to sports. More specifically, how uneducated most DC sports fans are - and unbelievably fucking dumb ALL sports radio callers are.

Yesterday, Mike Wise dedicated at least the first hour of his show to pretending that the Capitals had not been knocked out of the playoffs, and most of the callers were upset about this. One man actually said "it's too soon." HE SAID "IT'S TOO SOON!"

"Too soon" is a phrase used when someone made a 9/11 joke on 9/12, right? Not when your favorite team gets knocked out of the playoffs - it's not like your mom died, douche.

Whatever.

Oh! It also boggles my mind that three of the Orioles five wins come from (arguably) the two best teams of the past ten years in Major League Baseball, the Boston Red Sox and the New York Yankees.  Strange team, they are. Strange team.

No comments: