March 27, 2008

Are you wavin' the flag at me?

I should be reading one of the many books assigned to me for class or working on one of the two papers due this coming Monday, but instead I'm here to pay my respects. I meant to do it yesterday but couldn't (mostly due to laziness)....

Are you wavin' the flag at me?

If you read the obit, it mentions a nasty scene from Kiss of Death. Reading about it does not do it justice. I named one of my characters in Hearts after Widmark. The character is a nutjob. Perfect.

Everybody: do yourself a favor and go rent Kiss of Death as well as Pickup On South Street. It's one of my top three film noirs and one of Martin Scorcese's favorite flicks (he wrote an essay included in the Criterion Edition) Also check out Night and the City, which was a flick notable for a pretty famous noir shot:



See ya on the flip side, Skip....


No comments: